PHN Research Agenda

03 June 2011

Summer begins

The spring graduating students have dispersed and their MPH essays can now gather dust. I had a busy couple of months, reading and editing essays, psychologically supporting students, and a little celebrating their rite of this passage. Now, I am looking beyond tomorrow to the summer. The summer schedule has a full June and a busy July, right up to the start of school.

Just when I thought I was caught up, I realized that I have six presentations and a poster between now and mid-August. Three are for the KRISP project. One is a pre-conference presentation at ACHNE, and it is finished. The poster is for the Public Health Systems and Services Research Interest Group of  AcademyHealth. I now rarely accept doing a poster session, but I will be with good company  of co-poster presenters. I think we will have fun. Lastly, I have two presentations at Academy of Management. Whew, the beginning of school will seem like a breeze.


I have decided to balance my grumbling about this old, increasingly dirty and technologically challenged building with positive thoughts about a donor funding the building of a new SPH building.  Based on the past rates of my grumbling, we ought to find the rich, willing, generous donor in short order. We deserve much better than we have. We are open to receive and are willing to work diligently to make a new SPH building a reality before the end of this decade.  There. I said it. Now, let's make it a reality.

And the other news is that I will be writing a third edition of my textbook. Yikes more work. But, oddly, happily, I have ideas for making improvements. Which is say that I am learning and teaching.

No comments: